Monday, March 27, 2006

When Bad Things Happen To Good People.

I have a friend who is experiencing one devastating event after another, and has been for many months. I don't understand it, karma isn't supposed to work this way. She's smart, generous, kind-hearted and hard-working, she tries to do the right thing, respects the earth, leads by example.....she's one of the good guys. What the hell gives?

There are so many jerks and assholes out there, people who are basically a waste of skin, people who drive drunk, abuse their children, rip off everyone they can, people who can't figure out how to work and play well with others. They seem to lead charmed lives (listening Mr Premier?) stumbling through life climbing over, stepping on, and using anyone and everyone for their own selfish gain. Then there's my friend, who has never knowingly hurt anyone, and who is being battered and bruised from all sides.

She's strong, and she will suvive. It just breaks my heart to watch someone I care about, someone I respect, suffering so many body blows.

Keep your chin up, D. Living well is the best revenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home