Monday, August 08, 2005

Hey Jerk! Thanks For Ruining Our Time At The Park!

It's hotter than the hubs of hell, but I'm a doggy mommy, and as such, I have a responsibility to give my dogs ample opportunity to run, socialize and play. So I take them to our local off-leash park where I can make sure their needs are met.

Most dogs and their people are great. Some are awesome.

Some are jerks.

My dogs and I were having fun, enjoying each other, trying not to melt into various sizes of puddles on the grass. MacKenzie was, as always, chasing her ball. This is what she does, every time we go to any park, without fail. She's obsessed, and I'm fine with that, it makes tiring her out easier, and all dog guardians know that a tired dog is a good dog.

The jerk showed up about 45 minutes after we did. With him was his beautiful Golden Retriever. His dog is as ball obsessed as Kenzie, and he is a far stronger swimmer. Sam's dad did not bring balls with him to the park, because, as he later bragged, he never has to buy balls, Sam just steals them from slower, older or dumber dogs.

Nice.

I always take at least three or four balls with me, some get thrown too far into the lake and MacKenzie won't retrieve them, some are lost, some get punctured and sink, sometimes I give one to a dog without a ball. No big deal. Sam snatched one ball, and I let it go, it's only a ball, after all. Then he stole a second one, so I went to Sam's dad and said, politely, I thought, "Your dog has two of my dog's balls." He replied, not at all politely, "If my dog has two balls, they are my dog's balls. Keep throwing, he can fit four in his mouth."

It's people like this guy that give dogs and dog owners a bad name. Sam was doing what he has been encouraged to do, I certainly don't blame him. His human, on the other hand, is a bully and an asshole, and he doesn't deserve a dog as great as Sam.

Jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home