Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm Losing My Sanity!

It's going to the same place my patience, sense of humour and ability to cope have all gone.

Our Co-Op is under siege. Built in the eighties, it is a combination of shoddy construction, cut corners, poor planning and sheer stupidity. It is now undergoing a complete cladding removal, roof repair, rot repair and God knows what else. Total estimated time of destruction/construction is 18 month

Eighteen months of pure, unadulterated hell for the inmates....er Members, yeah, Members. People serve less time than that for manslaughter!

It was bad enough when it was "just" the building envelope demolition. The constant noise, dust, disruption and inconvenience is a major PITA, but one learns to adjust.

Then the jackhammers started.

For the past two days, starting at 7:30 AM, it has been virtually non-stop filling-rattling, headache-inducing, nerve-stretching horror. I am entertaining some really disturbing fantasies.....but the less said about that, the better. We are looking at four more days of this full assault on our collective mental health. I fully expect to be homocidal by next Friday.

My poor dogs are suffering under the strain, and the cat, who I felt certain was bullet-proof, has also started to show serious signs of stress.

I really wish Members could launch a class action lawsuit against the idiot who chose the construction company who built this disaster in the first place.

Or at least force him/her to live in this God forsaken place until next summer when this awfulness ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home