Sunday, May 08, 2005

Dyslexics of the World: Untie!

I have come to the realization that I am not normal.

Don't hurry trying to convince me that I'm fine, it's the rest of the world that is abnormal, cause truly, I'm okay with my status. Actually I'm more than "okay" with it, I embrace my oddity. I've witnessed "normal", but one could substitute "boring", "pedestrian", "dull" or any number of other similarly shudder-inducing words. I never want to be known as "average".

I drive a 1980 Suburban that costs an average of $125 per tank to fill. It is a h-u-g-e Dykemobile, and although it is a pain to park, my dogs love it and I do, too.

As I've said, I'm built like a refridgerator. One of my witty friends asked, "side by side"? No, not yet, but menopause is coming.

My family consists of six canine members. Who in her right mind has six dogs? Only those of us fortunate enough to know how it feels to be loved by six dogs understand. Even our cat is not "normal". Bella is a Maine Coon, 25 lbs plus, bigger than any of the Shiht Heads.

I live life out loud. I'm sarcastic, passionate, judgemental, generous, determined, strong, tenacious and loyal. I love with every fibre of my being, but I am not quick to forgive, and I never forget. I wish I could say that I don't hold grudges, but I do.

I surround myself with great people, interesting people, funny people. I admire intelligence, but I honour passion. I think beauty is nice, but heart is real. My friends complete me, and they are as much a part of me as my skin. All that being said, my dogs are the most important beings in my life, and outside of a very, very few humans, I would save them first in a fire, flood, or alien invasion.

Nobody I choose to spend time with is "normal". Cool, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. NORMAL IS HIGHLY OVER RATED ANYWAYS. I DONT THINK I COULD PICTURE YOU AS A "NORMAL" PERSON. LOL.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home